In the National Museum of the Republic of Karelia, at the beginning of the route by permanent exhibition, a layout model of the Round Square (now Lenin Square) of Petrozavodsk from 1775-1785 was installed. The layout model was created within the framework of the InterActive History project of the Karelia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme. The new museum exhibit shows visitors how the square looked in the first decade after its construction. A layout model (scape 1:150) is installed so that museum guests can compare the modern (visible from the hall windows) and historical views of the square.
The Round square at the end of the 18th century was built in Petrozavodsk as the administrative center of the Alexander Plant. Buildings in the late Baroque style on the square were erected by architect Nazarov according to the project of mining engineer Anikita Yartsov. Eight buildings were intended to house the factory office, archives, commander’s house, laboratory, carpentry and model workshop, drawing school and pharmacy.